Huckster Wine Sauce for Steak
August 2, 2017
Adapted from a food.com recipe.
- 2 tbsps butter, divided
- 1 tbsp shallot (or onion), minced
- 1/2 cup Trillium Vineyard Huckster
- 1/2 cup beef gravy or demi-glace
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add shallots and cook about 30 seconds while stirring.
- Add wine and cook until reduced by about 1/2.
- Add brown gravy or demi-glace and cook about 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Swirl in remaining tablespoon butter and serve.