Pompous Teriyaki Pulled Pork
August 2, 2017
Adapted from a recipe by Mary Ellen in Recipes, Food, and Cooking
- 2 pork tenderloins
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups teriyaki or tamari sauce
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup Trillium Vineyard Poulet Pompeux wine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Remove the silver skins from the pork tenderloins. Add the oil to the pan. Turn heat to high. Salt and pepper the tenderlins. Brown quickluy on all sides. Put in crock pot.
- Add the onions to the same pan and quickly start cooking them until they start to become transparent.
- Add the teriyaki suace, pineapple juice, and Poulet Pompeux to the crock pot. Add the garlic and onions.
- Cover the crock pot and cook on HIGH for 2 & 1/2 hours. Pour juices into a saucepan. Cook over high heat until it reduces by half. Shred the tenderloins with forks and pour sauce over it.